Recovery agents and storage charges

Get your recovery and storage bill paid as part of your
car accident compensation claim.

Car accident compensation claims don’t just cover personal injury claims, you can also claim for any expenses or losses incurred as a result of a non-fault accident, including:

  • Your recovery and storage bill

  • Taxi fares

  • Policy excess

  • Damage to personal items

  • Prescription costs

If your car has been seriously damaged in a car accident and it has been removed from the roadside by a recovery operator, it will probably now be in storage at their yard.

Regardless of whether the recovery operator was called out by yourself, or by the police, you will have incurred a charge for your vehicle being moved. If you car is now in the recovery operator’s yard, you will also be incurring a daily storage charge (around £12-£18 per day, plus VAT).

If you have comprehensive insurance, your insurance policy will cover these costs (provided you notify them immediately of the accident) so that they can arrange for your car to be inspected by a engineer and then removed from storage (either to a body shop for repair, or scrapped if it is a write-off).

If you have third party insurance (or if you do not wish to claim on your comprehensive insurance policy) you should contact us immediately, as you are liable for these costs, which are increasing on a daily basis.

We can help you claim these costs from the other person’s insurance company, but we can only do so if you act quickly and contact us now. (Insurance companies will only usually pay out a maximum of 14 days storage, which is deemed long enough for you to have got your car out of storage).

How we can help you claim car accident compensation
Wheels At Once can help you if you have been injured in a car accident or motorcycle accident in the UK that wasn't your fault. We can help with the following:

  • Help you make a personal injury claim

  • Get your recovery and storage account paid
    by the other person’s insurance company

  • Provide you with a replacement vehicle*

  • Organise and fund your repairs

Our cost-free and without-risk service
Our service is totally risk-free as all costs associated with making a car accident compensation claim will be recovered from the person who caused the car accident or motorcycle accident, in addition to your compensation.

We do not ask you for any money to fund your claim and we do not take any deductions from your compensation. If you lose your claim, you will be protected from all costs as well. More about our no win, no fee service...

Getting your recovery and storage bill paid
If you have a car in storage at a recovery operators you should contact us immediately on 0800 78 38 846 . We can instruct an independent engineer to inspect your vehicle in the next few days, so that your car can either be removed to a body shop for repair, or scrapped if it is considered a write-off. More information about write-offs... By contacting us today, we can ensure that your recovery and storage bill is kept to a minimum.

Once we have received the engineer’s report (usually within 3 working days) we will act on your behalf to recover these costs from the car insurance company of the person who caused the car accident.

You must act quickly to keep these costs as low as possible, or we may not be able to recover the full amount. These costs will remain your responsibility until they are paid in full.

Call us now so we can get your claim underway today
If you have been involved in a car accident that wasn’t your fault, don't worry about the cost and stress of pursuing a car accident compensation claim. We will take care of everything for you. Call us now for free for friendly advice following a car accident or motorcycle accident on 0800 78 38 846 or click here to contact us online.



Motorbike accident
Accident guides
Recovery store locator
Contact us

Biker's Protection 365, Motorbike accident

Car accident online chat
Free legal advice
A brief description of
accident and injuries:

How did you find us?

Type the text into the field below:
United Kingdom residents only
Claims Standard Council

HomePrivacy | Personal injury news |  Sitemap | Articles | Resources

*Where replacement vehicle costs can be recovered from the insurance company of the person who caused the accident. Where this person is untraceable or uninsured, or where there is a dispute over liability, a replacement vehicle cannot be provided.