Injury claim news

Young woman slams her £175,000 pay-out

A young woman who suffered life changing personal injuries in a road traffic accident has criticised her £175,000 car accident compensation pay-out.

The 27-year-old was left in intensive care after a drunk driver in a Peugeot 206 caused a head on collision in 2005.

The driver from Monkswood in North Shields admitted to drink driving after a night out in Morpeth and to causing the accident which seriously injured the lady and killed her 24-year-old friend. The man was jailed for three years.

Another passenger, who was brother to the man killed, also sustained serious injuries from the car accident and had to endure a six-hour operation to insert pins and metal rods into his shattered right leg. He was forced to give up his job as a joiner as a result of his injuries.

At the time of the horrific car accident the young woman had been about to go for an interview with a law firm to work in credit control. Instead she ended up in hospital suffering with two skull fractures, a punctured lung, three neck fractures and broken bones in her nose, thigh, wrist, elbow, shoulder and eye socket.

In the past six years since the accident she has undergone 11 operations to help her recover from the serious injuries sustained in the car crash. She has been told by doctors that she may never walk again.

The young woman, who lives in Cramlington with her 4-year-old daughter and partner, said, "My whole life has been on hold since this happened and until the money came through.

"The money doesn't compensate for what I went through. If you divide that up over a life time it's not very much – I could have been a lawyer, I could have gone to college to better myself but I can't work now."

Crediting her young daughter, who was born just after the accident, for getting her through the last few years she now plans to fight for more money after her initial pay-out of £175,000 in car accident compensation.



Motorbike accident
Accident guides
Recovery store locator
Contact us

Biker's Protection 365, Motorbike accident

Car accident online chat
Free legal advice
A brief description of
accident and injuries:

How did you find us?

Type the text into the field below:
United Kingdom residents only
Claims Standard Council

HomePrivacy | Personal injury news |  Sitemap | Articles | Resources

*Where replacement vehicle costs can be recovered from the insurance company of the person who caused the accident. Where this person is untraceable or uninsured, or where there is a dispute over liability, a replacement vehicle cannot be provided.