Frequently asked questions following a car accident or
motorcycle accident

Why should I choose Wheels At Once?
Wheels At Once was established to help people who have been injured in a non-fault car accident.

We work on a no win, no fee basis. Our service is totally risk free and you are protected from any up front costs.

We are proud of the service we have established which offers a stress-free route to compensation at what can be a distressing time. Our staff are trained to deal with all types of claim in a professional and sensitive manner, and we wonít pressurise you to make a car accident claim. Click here for more information about Wheels At Once.

If you would like to speak to member of our claims team, call us now on 0800 78 38 846 or click here to contact us online and we’ll get back to you.

How do I know whether or not I have a valid car accident claim?
If youíve been injured in a non-fault car accident during the last three years, itís likely you are entitled to compensation. For expert legal advice call us now on 0800 78 38 846, and we'll help you understand your options.

How much does it cost to make a car accident claim?
Our personal injury solicitors work under an honest no win, no fee policy. There are no up front costs to you and should you lose, you will be protected from costs. Click here for more information on our no win, no fee service.

What can I claim compensation for?

  • General damages
    These are damages for the pain and suffering caused by the accident
  • Special damages
    These are any financial losses you've suffered as a result of your accident; everything from loss of earnings, to damaged clothes, and medical expenses.

Will my car accident claim go to Court?
The majority of car accident claims are dealt with without going to Court. It is unlikely that your claim will be taken to Court as the law encourages both parties to reach agreement outside of Court.

Should I see a medical expert?
Regardless of whether you have seen a medical expert, you can still claim for personal injury compensation. That said, it would be beneficial to have a written record of your injury with the doctor who has been treating you.

Who will deal with my car accident claim?
Our personal injury solicitors will represent you at every step of your compensation claim. Click here for more information on making a personal injury compensation claim.

How long does it take to make a claim?
Once we have assessed the circumstances of your claim we will be able to give you an approximate time length for your claim. However, it is important to remember that every individual's circumstances are different, and your recovery time may take longer than anticipated. Our expert lawyers would never advise you to settle your case until your recovery has reached a plateau and we can understand what the future may hold for you, so that we can make sure that you are provided for accordingly when your claim is settled. Call us now on 0800 78 38 846.

How long will it take for you to arrange a replacement vehicle for me?
Once you have contacted us we can normally arrange a replacement vehicle within 4 hours*. Click here for more information on arranging a replacement car following a car crash.

Do you deliver and collect the replacement vehicle?
We will arrange the delivery and collection of your replacement vehicle at a convenient time and location for you. This is included in our service.

Who will repair my car?
An independent and insurance company approved engineer will carry out the repairs to your vehicle within 72 hours of receiving your claim. Click here for more information on getting your vehicle repaired following a car accident.

Can I choose my own repairer?
This is fine. All we ask is that you obtain an estimate which will need to be approved before any work can commence. Unfortunately, the repair work will not be guaranteed by us when you choose your own repairer.

What is a write-off?
This is when a car is damaged to the extent it is beyond economical repair. Another term used to describe a write-off is ‘salvage’.

Will I have to pay the policy excess on my car insurance?
If you have comprehensive car insurance, and you don’t want to claim on your policy and pay the excess, you don’t have to.

Any other questions?
We hope this page has answered any questions you may have regarding making a car accident claim. If you still have queries, please email us at



Motorbike accident
Accident guides
Recovery store locator
Contact us

Biker's Protection 365, Motorbike accident

Car accident online chat
Free legal advice
A brief description of
accident and injuries:

How did you find us?

Type the text into the field below:
United Kingdom residents only
Claims Standard Council

HomePrivacy | Personal injury news |  Sitemap | Articles | Resources

*Where replacement vehicle costs can be recovered from the insurance company of the person who caused the accident. Where this person is untraceable or uninsured, or where there is a dispute over liability, a replacement vehicle cannot be provided.