Won’t my insurance company cover me?

If you have been involved in a car accident in the UK that was not your fault, you’d be forgiven for thinking that your car insurance would cover you. Car insurance companies won’t always be able to help. If you’re third party insured you’ll have to battle it out with the other person’s insurance company yourself. And even if you have comprehensive insurance, you will still have to pay your policy excess if you make a compensation claim through your own insurance company.

Or you could call Wheels At Once and let us take care of everything for you.

We help people who have had a car accident make an insurance compensation claim, directly to the insurance companies of the people who cause the accidents.

Our cost-free, risk-free service
Our service is available to everyone who has had a non-fault car accident, both third party insured and comprehensively insured drivers, their passengers and also pedestrians. We can provide a range of services, depending on the circumstances of your accident:

  • Help you make a personal injury compensation claim

  • Get your recovery and storage bill paid

  • Claim back prescription costs and taxi fares

  • Claim for loss of earnings

  • Provide a hire car (charged to the other person’s insurance company)

  • Arrange repairs to your car (charged to the other person’s insurance company)

Our service is totally cost-free and without risk. All costs will be recovered from the other person’s insurance company. See no win, no fee for more information...

Car insurance company won’t provide a replacement car?
Car insurance companies rarely include a replacement car with their policies, although if you have comprehensive cover, they may arrange for you to have a small car (eg. a Vauxhall Corsa or Ford Fiesta) for a few days. Not much good for the school run or to impress a potential new client!

We can supply you with a car that will be of equivalent model to the one you were driving, usually within four hours of you contacting us. More information about getting a replacement vehicle following a car crash...

Paid a policy excess?
If you make a claim on a comprehensive policy, car insurance companies will make you pay a policy excess (even if the accident was not your fault). We can include your policy excess in your car accident claim and recovery this for you from the other person’s insurance company. This will help ensure that any no-claims discount you have is unaffected.

How to get your car repaired
If you do not wish to claim on your comprehensive policy, or if you only have third party insurance, we can arrange for your car to be repaired (or if it is a write-off, we can recover the value of your vehicle from the person at fault's insurance company). More information about getting your vehicle repaired following a car accident...

Free legal advice, 24 hours a day
If you are fed up with insurance companies putting you ‘on-hold’ and want some free and friendly advice about making a car accident compensation claim, call us now on 0800 78 38 846 or click here to contact us online. We’re here 24 hours a day.




Motorbike accident
Accident guides
Recovery store locator
Contact us

Biker's Protection 365, Motorbike accident

Car accident online chat
Free legal advice
A brief description of
accident and injuries:

How did you find us?

Type the text into the field below:
United Kingdom residents only
Claims Standard Council

HomePrivacy | Personal injury news |  Sitemap | Articles | Resources


*Where replacement vehicle costs can be recovered from the insurance company of the person who caused the accident. Where this person is untraceable or uninsured, or where there is a dispute over liability, a replacement vehicle cannot be provided.