Have you been hurt in a hit and run accident?

The vast majority of people involved in road traffic accidents do stop at the scene, but when this doesn’t happen it becomes known as a hit and run accident. Very serious injuries, sometimes even fatalities, can be caused in this way and for the person who has been hurt it can be very hard to put the accident behind them if the perpetrator remains untraced for any length of time.

Claiming compensation for a hit and run accident
But it is still possible to make a claim following a hit and run accident – even when the party at fault remains untraced. By law, every underwriter of compulsory insurance must be a member of an organisation called the Motor Insurers’ Bureau. This is a private company set up in 1946 for the purpose of compensating victims of negligent uninsured or untraced motorists.

Personal injury solicitors
Under their Untraced Drivers Agreement, our personal injury solicitor can help you make a claim for accident compensation. This works in much the same way as a standard compensation claim as you can claim damages for the injuries you’ve sustained in the hit and run accident and any expenses you’ve had to meet subsequently.

Experienced legal team
Being hurt in a hit and run accident is a particularly traumatic event for anyone, and our experienced legal team fully understands this. We’ll treat any worries or concerns you have with sensitivity and will be available 24 hours a day for advice and information.

Expert legal advice on making a hit and run accident claim
For expert legal advice on any issue relating to a hit and run accident, please call us on 0800 78 38 846 at anytime. Or, for a free online assessment of your case, simply click here to contact us online.


For more information see:




Motorbike accident
Accident guides
Recovery store locator
Contact us

Biker's Protection 365, Motorbike accident

Car accident online chat
Free legal advice
A brief description of
accident and injuries:

How did you find us?

Type the text into the field below:
United Kingdom residents only
Claims Standard Council

HomePrivacy | Personal injury news |  Sitemap | Articles | Resources


*Where replacement vehicle costs can be recovered from the insurance company of the person who caused the accident. Where this person is untraceable or uninsured, or where there is a dispute over liability, a replacement vehicle cannot be provided.