Is it still possible to claim compensation after a hit and run accident?

If you’ve been hurt in a hit and run accident, our personal injury solicitors can help you make an accident compensation claim through the Motor Insurers’ Bureau and their Untraced Drivers’ Agreement.

What if the party at fault remains untraced?
Even when the at-fault party remains unknown and untraced for a long period of time it is still possible for you to make a claim for accident compensation following a hit and run accident. Every underwriter of compulsory insurance in the UK must, by law, be a member of the Motor Insurers’ Bureau. This is a private company that was set up in 1946 in order to compensate victims of negligent uninsured or untraced drivers.

How much compensation will I get for my hit and run accident?
Like any other compensation claim, awards vary considerably. Factors such as the nature and extent of your injuries and any expenses that you’ve had to meet will be taken into consideration. However, your solicitor will be able to give you a clear idea of the likely outcome of your hit and run accident claim, during the course of your case.

A No Win, No Fee, No Risk approach
At Wheels At Once, our lawyers are committed to getting their clients the compensation they deserve, regardless of their financial background. Because we offer a no win, no fee service, we can provide our clients with a risk-free service. There are no up front costs to pay, and even if your case is not successful, you do not have to pay any legal fees.

How do I get my hit and run accident claim underway?
Your first step should be to call us with as much information as you can regarding the hit and run accident that you’ve been hurt in. We’re here 24 hours a day on 0800 78 38 846 and are always happy to provide free legal advice even if you’re not quite sure whether you are ready to proceed with the case or not.

For more information see:



Motorbike accident
Accident guides
Recovery store locator
Contact us

Biker's Protection 365, Motorbike accident

Car accident online chat
Free legal advice
A brief description of
accident and injuries:

How did you find us?

Type the text into the field below:
United Kingdom residents only
Claims Standard Council

HomePrivacy | Personal injury news |  Sitemap | Articles | Resources

*Where replacement vehicle costs can be recovered from the insurance company of the person who caused the accident. Where this person is untraceable or uninsured, or where there is a dispute over liability, a replacement vehicle cannot be provided.